Cranberries whose scientific name is Oxycoccus are a group of evergreen dwarf shrubs. These are popular super food which has lots of health benefits. The best part is you can consume it in the form of a sauce or a juice. You can also add these in your desserts which will not only enhance the flavour but will be easy to add it in your diet plan. Now let’s move further and discuss some of the health benefits of Cranberries.
- Manages UTIs- UTI is something which is faced by almost all the ladies today especially after their deliveries. The high level of antioxidant in Cranberries helps to fight the infection by preventing certain bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract walls. So try to add cranberries in your diet in any form. It will definitely give good results.
- Reduction in the risk of cardiovascular disease- Cranberrie3s contain polyphenols which may reduce the risk of Cardiovascular disease. It has also been found by the researchers that cranberry supplementation may help reduce body mass index which improves the level of High Density Lipoprotein or we can say Good Cholesterol.
- Helps to fight cancer- According to some research it was found that cranberries had several beneficial effects on cancer cells also in test tubes. It helped in triggering the death of cancer cells. And not only this it reduces inflammation and slower down the growth of cancer cells.
- Full of nutrients- Cranberries are full of all the beneficial nutrients needed by our body. They also contain a range of vital B vitamins including – vitamin B-1, B-2,B-3 and B-6. They are also a good source of Vitamin –C
- Rich in Fiber- These are rich in fiber which also helps in fighting many other diseases like
- Certain Gastrointestinal conditions and many more
Try to include this delicious fruit in your diet to stay healthy and fit. You will see the positive results after eating these regularly. Keep reading and stay healthy. I will meet in my next blog. Lots of Love.