Unlike our mothers and grandmothers, now we are living in an era where looks are given far more importance compared to other natural aspects.
We are living in such a consumer culture where products and services such as diet pills, slimming creams are promoted by advertisers to help consumers achieve their goal of perfect body shape.
And to achieve this goal they find weight loss pills as a perfect and easy way out to achieve their dream of what we call “zero figure body”.
It should be kept in mind that this is only done when combined with a healthy weight loss diet. We must realize the fact that the pills are ineffective on their own and hardly a solution to obesity.
Consumers should accept the fact that the most effective way to lose weight and keep it off is by eating a healthy low calorie diet with a perfect amount of proteins in it.
We should focus on mindful eating. Studies have shown that mindful eating can cause significant weight loss.
It’s no surprise that diet pills are common and available in multiple forms. The reason could be that we consumer want something easy and quick fix. We always want fast results.
Moreover the ideas of taking these pills make us think that there is no need of diet or exercise. It is important to remember that just because something is available freely at the drug store, or prescribed by a doctor, it is not necessarily safe.
Not to forget weight loss pills myths.
- People believe they can shed extra weight just by popping a pill.
- They don’t need to diet or exercise if they are taking a weight loss supplement. It is always an easy way out for consumers.
- Most people may not realize that weight loss supplements aren’t approved or tested.
There are many weight loss solutions out there which include all sorts of pills, drugs and natural supplements. They claim to help you lose weight, or at least make it easier to lose weight.
These pills or we can say fat burners are expensive. What we get in return may not be worth the cash. And these pills does not have something magical in them that we can lose weight without any exercise or munching our favourite chips in front of the TV.
These have to be combined with proper diet and regular exercise to work. If we are not going to stick to a diet and exercise routine, and diet which is rich in proteins then we should better spend our money elsewhere.
We are often advised to do all sorts of crazy things, most of which have no evidence behind them.
in spite of keeping unrealistic expectations in our minds and going for these so called weight loss pills and drugs we should better go for some other options like:
- Drinking adequate amount of water: We should try to consume as much amount of water as we can. It will really help us a lot.
- Eating eggs for breakfast: Eating eggs can help you eat fewer calories as well as lose more weight and body fat.
- By drinking coffee: coffee as we all know is loaded with antioxidants and can have numerous health benefits including weight loss,
- Drinking green tea: Green tea also helps in weight loss. Like coffee it is also loaded with antioxidants and contains less caffeine. So we should try adding it in our diet.
- Intermittent fasting: It is a cycle between periods of fasting and eating. Being a popular eating pattern for weight loss this method can also be tried over drugs and pills.
- Cut back on sugar: Sugar consumption is strongly associated with an increased risk of weight gain. Most people consume way too much. We can cut back on sugar to lose weight.
So by adopting these easy steps we can try to lose weight instead of using drugs and pills.